US Immigration Lawyers


We provide clients with comprehensive support for all of their immigration needs, including the preparation of all types of temporary non-immigrant petitions and applications as well as immigrant petitions (green cards).

We represent clients in all industries, including IT, science, arts, research and new business formations. We address all matters, whether large or small – from an individual visitor visa applications to EB-5 regional center applications.

Whatever your immigration needs, Mirian Law is here to help.

Please see below for a sample of the visas we can assist you with.


Investor Based Visa (EB-5)

You may attain a green card if you are willing to invest a minimum of $500,000 in a new U.S. business that will create ten full-time jobs for U.S. workers. The minimum amount depends on the location of the enterprise.

Employment Based Visas

Priority Workers (EB-1) 

Priority workers are divided into three subcategories:

i. Workers of Extraordinary Ability. You may qualify for a green card if you have extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, education, business, or athletics. Your achievements must have been recognized and resulted in a period of sustained national or international acclaim. You do not need a specific job offer in this category so long as you continue working in your field of expertise once you arrive in the United States.

ii. Outstanding University Professors or Researchers. You may qualify for a green card if you have an international reputation for being outstanding in a particular academic field. You need three years’ minimum of either teaching or research experience in the particular field. You must also be entering the U.S. to accept a specific tenured or tenure-track teaching or research position at a university or institution of higher learning.  You will need a specific job offer from a qualified employer. Alternatively, you may accept a job conducting research in industry or with a research organization.

iii. Transferring Executives or Managers. You may qualify for a green card if you have been employed as an executive or manager by a qualified company outside the U.S. for at least one out of the past three years or if you’re already in the U.S. on a temporary visa for one of the three years before you arrived to the U.S.

Professionals with a Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability (EB-2)

i. Advanced Degree Professionals

You may qualify for a green card if you have have a job offer related to your advanced degree. Under immigration laws, to be a professional means that you work in an occupation requiring at a minimum a baccalaureate (B.A. or B.Sc.) degree or its equivalent from a college or university. Therefore, to have an “advanced”  degree or a professional degree, you must hold  a graduate level degree or a professional degree requiring postgraduate education such as is standard in U.S. law or medicine. Alternatively, you may qualify if you have a baccalacureate degree followed by five years of work experience in a professional position. Your work experience can be either in the U.S. or abroad.

ii. Persons of Exceptional Ability

If you are a person that has national acclaim in the arts, sciences, or business, and have received a job offer in this area of expertise, you may qualify for a green card.

Professionals, Skilled Workers, or Unskilled workers (EB-3)

In order to qualify under this category, you will need a permanent, full-time job offer, and a labor certification unless a special exception applies.

Family Based Visas

You may qualify for a green card  through relatives if you fall into one of the categories below.

  • Family First Preference. Unmarried children, any age, of a U.S. citizen.
  • Family Second Preference. Spouses and unmarried children that are under the age of 21 of green card holders and unmarried sons and daughters of green card holders, who are at least 21 years old.
  • Family Third Preference. Married children of U.S. citizen at any age.
  • Family Fourth Preference. Sisters and brothers of U.S. citizens, where the U.S. citizen is at least 21 years old.
  • Marriage to a U.S. citizen. 


Treaty Investor Visa (E-2)

If you’re a national of a treaty country, you may qualify for a work permit if you create, succeed, or purchase an existing business or franchise with a substantial investment.

Treaty Trader Visa (E-1)  

If you’re a national of a treaty country and your business carries substantial trade between the U.S. and the home country, you may be able to have your investors, executives, and essential employees work in the U.S.

Intra-Company Transfer Visa (L-1)

You may be eligible for an L-1 visa if you have been employed outside the U.S. for at least one continuous year out of the past three years and are transferred to the U.S. to work as a manager, an executive, or a specialized-knowledge worker.

Persons of Extraordinary Ability in the Arts, Athletics, Science, Business, and Education (O-1)

The O-1 visas are available to persons of proven extraordinary ability in their field.

Outstanding Athletes, Athletic Teams, and Entertainment Companies (P-1)

The P-1 visas are available to athletes or athletic teams that have been internationally recognized as outstanding for a long and continuous period of time and have a contract with  a major U.S. company.

North American Free Trade Agreement Professional Visa (TN)

For Canadians and Mexicans who practice in certain professional occupations and have a job offer from a U.S. employer, you me be eligible for a U.S. work permit.

Please contact us today to learn more.